Zurich - Switzerland
Permanent role, full time
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work?
The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment!
This is creating a lot of opportunities for people like YOU — people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. And this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for a Unix Administrator to join our Banking and Financial Services Team.
- Experience in Linux Server 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and Solaris OS administration is must
- 6 years plus experience in a similar role.
- Experience administering, monitoring and managing Redhat environments.
- Advanced knowledge of Redhat Linux like upgrade, OS configuration
- Core system level knowledge (Linux Concepts, file systems, ACLs, Kernel, etc)
- Good knowledge in Linux System Optimizations and Security
- Should be having good knowledge of SAN topologies, Fibre Channel, Multipathing.
- Hand on experience in Administering High Availability Cluster (VCS), failover scenarios, load balanced environment knowledge.
- Experience with RedHat Satellite Server and provisioning.
- Monitoring system performance and kernel tuning.
- Security auditing and server hardening.
- Co-ordinate replacement of faulty hardware
- Experience in System Fault Tolerance Design, Business continuity and Disaster recovery planning.
- Working knowledge of HP/Dell hardware.
- Good knowledge in volume managers like SVM, VXVM, LVM.
- Knowledge and experience in ITIL workflow
- Administration and configuration of puppet, Satellite, Capsule Servers
- Advance Scripting (Bash, sed, awk and python) knowledge is added advantage.
- Good Knowledge of Puppet configuration tool.
- Experience in Redhat Pacemaker administration
Our typical recruitment process involves 3-4 phone/video/personal interviews. The process can be flexible based on the project needs.
Please visit our career site for more information on our company: https://careers.cognizant.com/global/en
To apply please send your CV to Maryia: Maryia.Karachun@cognizant.com
If you have specific questions before you would apply please reach out to Maryia as well and lets connect on social media: https://www.linkedin.com/in/maryiakarachun/
Please note that we only accept job applications from EU or Swiss nationals, who are eligible to work in Switzerland.