The Molecular Targeted Therapy (MTT) Group at Roche is seeking an experienced and highly motivated research associate to join our oncology drug discovery team focused on the discovery of novel small molecules to treat cancer patients with high unmet medical need. MTT group is a part of Roche's Oncology Discovery and Translational Area (DTA), located at the Research Innovation Center in Basel.
The successful candidate will play a role in advancing our portfolio and contributing to development of the next generation cancer targeted therapies. The candidate is expected to be flexible and dynamic in order to quickly respond and execute in a high pressure field of early discovery. You will work as part of a team of associates and scientist to validate and progress targets in Oncology discovery portfolio up to entry in clinic. This exciting position provides opportunity for development for a highly skilled research associate who has scientific curiosity and excellent qualifications in experimental techniques and lab management.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Accountable for managing a laboratory with respect to safety, maintenance, infrastructure, inventory, ordering and keeping accurate data recording
- Design, plan and execute experiments in a timely manner, under the leadership of the assigned lab head
- Ability to perform tissue culture is a must
- Proficient and hands-on experience in molecular and cell biology methods (RNAi, qRT-PCR, stable line generation, growth assays, western blotting, ELISA, Incucyte imaging)
- Performing, optimize and analyze assay data using 96/384 well microtiter assay formats
- Attend and present at internal meetings
- Share knowledge by enthusiastic collaboration with other scientists and associates inside and outside the group
Master degree or equivalent in biochemistry, molecular cell biology or related field with at least two years of experience, or a Bachelor degree with at least four years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
Related Experience and Skills:
- Experience in cancer biology and/or drug discovery is a plus
- Proficiency and hands-on experience in applying a wide range of molecular biological and cellular methods (cell culture, RNAi, qRT-PCR, cloning, transient/stable cell line generation, immunoblotting, ELISA) is required.
- Experience in compound screening in cell base assays is required.
- Hands-on experience immunoassays: in-cell western, AlphaLISA, Luminex, capillary based immunoassay, FACS is desired.
- Experience with imaging systems (Incucyte, Operetta) is desired.
Personal skills and Competencies:
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, well-organized team player
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping and time management skills
- Flexible and dynamic spirt that can successfully work in a high productive field of oncology discovery
- Demonstrate creativity and intellectual curiosity for new scientific and technical approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required
Please note that candidates with a PhD will not be considered for this position.
For further questions please contact Recruiting Team Switzerland: +41-61-682-2550
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research