WiTricity Corporation provides technology to enable wireless power transfer over distance using magnetic resonance. Through deep domain expertise, a strong IP portfolio and proven reference designs, WiTricity works with Tier 1 suppliers and OEMs to incorporate wireless charging into electric vehicles. With a growing list of global brands, the company has emerged as the leader in wireless power transfer. WiTricity is seeking new team members who are looking to help us fulfill our vision of powering life, wirelessly. Visit us, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
Working as a member of our Swiss Engineering team, design, develop and support embedded software for control of WiTricity's wireless power systems with a focus on ancillary systems used for safety and positioning functions.
The core duties and responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Design, develop, and document embedded software solutions for the functionality of next generation systems
- Design, develop, and document development tools written as Matlab GUIs for use with the embedded systems
- Write and conduct unit- and integration tests on new embedded software features and publications
- Work collaboratively with firmware team members and team members of other disciplines to integrate, test, and debug system components
- Maintainexisting embedded software designs and provide hands-on support of unit- and system tests
- Use source control systems in place at WiTricity for the maintenance of the code base and to provide proper revision control and release structure
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering (FH or ETH)
- 5+ years of embedded programming design experience
- Fluent in C/(C++) andMatlab
- Proficient with microcontroller IDE design/development tools
- Proficient in lab debug, including usage of power supplies, oscilloscopes, function generators and in-circuit debuggers
- Understanding of circuit schematics and PCB layout drawings
- Ability to work as part of a global team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and independently manage the requirements of several projects in parallel
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English and German.
Qualified candidates will possess a solid understanding of embedded programming including the underlying hardware, microcontroller architectures, real-time operating systems, development processes and testing. We expect candidates to be energetically active with a sense of urgency and individual accountability who can work independently and be a reliable team player.
- Familiar with a variety of microcontrollers including Microchip, TI, NXP, and ARM-based embedded processors
- Experience with CANbus, SPI, I2C, RS-232, IEEE 802.11, TCP/IP, and HTTP protocols
- Experience developing device drivers, control systems, and communications protocols
- Experience with standards-based feature design and code development (MISRA-C)
- VHDL and experience with FPGA / ASICdesign is a plus
- Experience with Python programming is a plus
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus