(Senior) DevOps Engineer Software Engineer
Golang, application containerization on Kubernetes/Docker platform
Location: Adliswil, Zürich, Switzerland
Permanent position, full time
We are looking to hire a (Senior) DevOps Engineer to provide consulting on platform built based on Kubernetes/Docker. This is an international team (Switzerland and India) that provides the infrastructure, platform, integrations and tools needed for Cloud native applications.
The team is driving the IT Transformation from current IT landscape to the new IT landscape (Cloud, DevOps, Contiguous Integration & Continues Delivery, etc.) and move from enterprise-licensed platform to open source platform. The job involves developing generic integration adaptors for cloud based applications, handling platform-related operational issues and end-to-end administration.
- Build, manage and administer container platform.
- Achieve Infra as a Code.
- Develop CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Deployment) pipelines for container platform.
- Technical operations including troubleshooting and daily operational activities.On call duties for emergency issues and outages with systems.
What We Require:
- 5 + years of experience in Kubernetes/Docker
- Strong knowledge in virtualization and Cloud based infrastructure.
- Knowledge of CD/CI tools like Jenkins etc.
- Knowledge of Golang build, vendoring systems (go dep, Glide)
- Knowledge on binary Management Tool Artifactory
- Knowledge of queuing, streaming, (redis, NATS)
- Good knowledge and understanding of SQL vs. NoSQL datastores including but not limited to Postgres, ElasticsearchExperience working with software development lifecycle including source control systems (e.g.; GIT), ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, SNOW), and collaboration tools like Wiki
- Strong knowledge in Linux / Windows based infrastructure
- Experience with modern Software Development practice & new IT landscape (Cloud, DevOps, Contiguous Integration & Continues Delivery) is a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to nail down tricky problems
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work with globally distributed peers
- Language: English (Writing/Speaking)
- Preferred: Bachelor's, Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- Preferred: Relevant DevOps certifications
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to be part of IT Transformation from current IT landscape to new & future IT landscape (Cloud, DevOps, Contiguous Integration & Continues Delivery, etc.)
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding organization
- A role that provides you progress both professionally and personally
- Pleasant and inspiring working atmosphere with multicultural community and state-of-the-art technologies
Our typical recruitment process involves 3-4 phone/video/personal interviews. The process can be flexible based on the project needs.
Please visit our career site for more information on our company: http://cognizantcareers.eu/ch_en
To apply please send your CV to our recruiter, Noemi: email@example.com
If you have specific questions before you would apply please reach out to Noemi as well and lets connect on social media: https://about.me/nfenyvesi
Please note that we only accept job applications from EU or Swiss nationals, who are eligible to work in Switzerland.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 22 2018
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.