River Advice AG (“River Advice”) is the leading independent manager of river passenger ships worldwide. We offers hundreds of career opportunities for those who seek to be a part of a professional company. At River Advice we place a high value on service and professionalism, ensuring that our clients and passengers feel like they are always receiving the best treatment.
Duties / Responsibility
- Wheelhouse duty: Be on permanent standby for the Captain on duty
- Report on deck always well on time when the ship is entering a lock or for any ship’s maneuver
- During the passage of low bridges, watch out for the passengers; maybe cordon-off stairs in cooperation with the Captain on duty.
- Make all preparations for maneuvers during docking or departure
- arrange ropes
- rubbing pieces
- heaving lines
- radio devices
- Safety during extravehicular work and maneuvers
- wear a life vest always and without any exceptions!
- wear solid shoes and gloves
- All work material (tools, brushes, dinghy, life vest etc) must be handled with care and diligence
- Know the station bill in case of emergency
- Independent and regular checks of ropes
- Monitor gangway and ropes independently when the ship is docked
- Take care of all cleaning and maintenance jobs on deck
- Clean windows as required, if possible of the whole ship
- Touch up coat of paint where necessary
- Keep the sun deck tidy at all times. Adjust, clean and dry tables and chairs. Vacuum the carpeted floor. Always check the sun deck when there are no guests present (early morning, during lunch or dinner).
- Always be friendly and courteous towards everybody, especially guests and crew