The R&D Engineer - Cloud Computing is responsible for the development of new software modules, sub-systems or (micro-) services in the area of distributed/cloud computing. The focus of the R&D Engineer - Cloud Computing is the planning, implementation, realization and testing of modules and services involving Finite Element technology that can run in different distributed computing scenarios from Desktop to HPC clusters to cloud systems.
- Design, implement and maintain product modules/sub-systems/services in the area of distributed/cloud computing
- Interact with Finite Element kernels
- Provide input on relevant areas of the product's software architecture
- Work closely within a development team, actively participate in project planning, design sessions and team function
- Conduct feature testing and resolve reported defects
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Engineering/Science discipline
- Experience in technical software development via academic, research or industry experience
- Good understanding and skills in object oriented programming
- Problem solving oriented
- Willingness to learn, take initiative and work in a team oriented environment
- Know-how on cloud/distributed computing technologies like microservice architecture, RPC frameworks (e.g. gRPC), containerized application management (e.g. Kubernetes), cloud systems is a big plus
- Knowledge of CAD modeling or finite element simulation in general is advantageous
- Ability to take initiative, behave with integrity and respond maturely to direction
- Ability to meet timelines
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed development environment, good communication skills
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.