Oracle DBA- L2/L3 Support
Location: Zürich Switzerland
Permanent, full time
Start date: August or September 2019
The Database Administrator is responsible for day-to-day support/maintenance of the DB infrastructure. The role is accountable for providing L2/L3 technical support, from incident and problem managed to stability initiatives, life cycle projects and other BAU tasks which includes liaising with Engineering, partnering with peer teams Unix and Storage.
- Perform troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis of issues during production outages and provide resolution or workaround quickly to mitigate business impact. Help identify root cause
- Perform maintenance activities on the infrastructure during regular planned dates and during scheduled major maintenance weekends
- Partner with peer operations team, Storage, Networks, Unix and application support during production problems and on assigned projects as required
- Perform above tasks while at the same time adhering to project policies around incident, problem and change management and best practices
- Exposure to work in a Critical and Complex Environment.
- Database Life Cycle management project – Deployment, Configuration, Migration and Decommission.
- End to End Planning, co-ordination and execution of the projects individually as per the timelines.
- Data Center knowledge with respect to set up of new RAC, Data Guard, backups and DR tests.
- Experience in handling multi-terabyte databases on various Oracle version 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c over different OS platforms (mainly Solaris and Linux).
- Skills to support 1st Level Support Team, server teams, Storage and users for BAU day-to-day support.
- Extended support on weekends, Quarterly Maintenance Window, DR tests, Power downs and other major activities.
- Hands on experience in using RMAN (Full, incremental and archive backups), clone methodology (normal/duplicate), refresh using RMAN and good knowledge of using DISK and TAPE level backups.
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting standby databases. Mandatory to have worked on Data Guard setup to do switchover, failover operations.
- Working knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting Oracle Streams.
- Hand on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Oracle RAC (single node, multi-node).
- Working knowledge in using GRID control to manage large databases.
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting production database performance issues, long running jobs.
- Hands on experience in query tuning, Optimizer concepts, knowledge of statistics, plan basics and advisor knowledge.
- Hands on experience in using EXP and DATAPUMP technology to do the schema/table/database refreshes.
- Hands on knowledge on ASM storage to be able to troubleshoot diskgroup/disk issues.
- Basic knowledge of replication technology e.g. Streams, GoldenGate.
- Hands on experience in scripting (Shell, Perl, etc.)
- Hands on experience in Unix environments
Our typical recruitment process involves 3-4 phone/video/personal interviews. The process can be flexible based on the project needs.
Please visit our career site for more information on our company: https://careers.cognizant.com/global/en
To apply please send your CV to Maryia: Maryia.Karachun@cognizant.com
If you have specific questions before you would apply please reach out to Maryia as well and lets connect on social media: https://www.linkedin.com/in/maryiakarachun/
Please note that we only accept job applications from EU or Swiss nationals, who are eligible to work in Switzerland.