Our client, a MedTech company, is currently looking for a Medical Devices Embedded Software Engineer
- Design, develop and maintain embedded software of surgical robot, in close collaboration with the software verification team and the hardware team.
- Author software requirements, architecture and design specification documents.
- Lead or participate to software design reviews, code reviews and risk analysis.
- Ensure compliance of software and documentation with our quality processes and medical device standards (g. IEC 62304, ISO 13485).
- Participate to full system design, prototyping, implementation and validation activities (software, electronics).
- Design and develop test or diagnosis software, and/or variants or features of the robot software, to support the system verification and its qualification at manufacturing.
- A university degree in a relevant discipline connex to embedded software such as Computer Science, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, with 3-10 years of relevant experience in embedded software development in a regulated industry (i.e. aerospace, medical devices, rail, nuclear).
- Expert in embedded C programming, ideally experience on Texas Instruments platforms.
- Experience in modeling embedded software architecture using UML/SysML or similar.
- Experience in low-level embedded software architecture & design, including digital signal processing, driver implementation, communication over field serial buses (i.e. UART, SPI, I2C, CAN).
- Experience with real-time operating systems (e.g. Sys/Bios, FreeRTOS or similar).
- Experience with CANOpen protocol would be a great plus.
- Experience with IEC62304 for medical device (class IIb), or working knowledge in functional safety concepts, risk analysis and mitigations techniques.
- Experience with Subversion, Eclipse (Code Composer Studio), Enterprise Architect, static code analyzers, continuous integration (Jenkins), Matlab and Altium Designer.
- Team-oriented, problem solving and able to track and document his work, able to travel in Switzerland and Europe (20%) to meet industrial partners, ability to effectively communicate using English and French language