The Marketing Manager (Europe) will be responsible for participating in the planning and coordination of Sales and Marketing activities to ensure that goals and objectives of projects and deliverables are accomplished within specified timeframes.
Duties for this role may include, but are not limited to; plan and implement marketing initiatives such as promotions and marketing campaigns in both digital and traditional communications channels. Develop and adapt marketing campaign field communications clearly and on time to support the overall European growth strategy.
It is crucial that the Marketing Manager have exceptional communications skills, as he / she will work regularly with the company's Marketing team at the global headquarters located in the U.S.
The Marketing Manager will be based in Basel, Switzerland and report to the VP Sales / Marketing (President, Global Markets until VP Sales is in place) - Europe
Specific Accountabilities/Responsibilities of Position
- Execute, manage and control the local Marketing budget.
- Develop product marketing materials to support European product launches and adjust positioning based on market needs.
- Perform competitor analysis (pricing) for network marketing and traditional markets.
- Assist in the creation of pricing strategies.
- Develop, implement and execute the Social Media strategy for Europe.
- Implement the global branding strategy for Europe.
- Work with the headquarters team to implement SEO and ORM strategy for company.
- Work with local PR agency to have comprehensive PR approach in place including product placements, press releases, crisis communication and reputation management.
- Version out company marketing materials to be applicable for Europe, including translation,localization, design, and copy.
- Maintain website content to be current and applicable for the European market.
- Maintain clear content calendar for timely and effective communication to brand partners, customers and prospects.
- Lead the Nerium gear and business tools store project in Europe.
- Develop and implement the Social Responsibility Program in Europe.
- Generate timely and concise communications to internal and external public.
- Teamwork with GM, Sales, Finance & Operations, Customer Service and Corporate staff to achieve the company goals.
- Review monthly KPIs.
- All other duties as assigned by General Manager, SVP of Global Business Development Marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or Communications is required.
- Minimum 3/5 years of experience in Sales, Marketing and/or Communications.
- Network marketing experience is required.
- Bi-lingual German/English is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Exceptional problem solving abilities.
- Strong analytical, evaluation, and business planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator a plus.
Tools & Reports:
- Marketing and Communications Budget.
- Product KPIs.
- Other reports as assigned or needed.
Applicable Core Competencies
- Integrity – Be honest, dependable, maintaining a strong work ethic; work diligently, follow company policies, respect co-workers, build trust and exhibit professional and responsible behavior
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to handle frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Encourage an Entrepreneurial Spirit – Believe in your dreams enough to get outside your comfort zone. Remember to live life on your own terms.
- Create a Positive Team Spirit and Family Atmosphere – A positive spirit is a valuable asset, and we aspire to use it every day. For Nerium, the cliché’ “the family who plays together, stays together” is way of life. We take our work seriously, but we are also a fun-loving family.
- Be Determined – In our business, it’s important to stay the course. Our outlook is such that obstacles are only opportunities in disguise.
- Have Fun and Help Others to Have Fun – Nerium consist of real people with a can-do attitude who want to create real change. Having fund helps work, which makes us more productive.
- Dream Big and Act on It Daily – Dreams consist of many smaller goals that can be acted up on daily. That’s how Nerium International grows as a brand, and that’s how we want our people to grow too.
- Embrace and Drive Change – WE know it’s important to stay one step ahead and continually evolve. Change is necessary for growth, as a business and as a person. So we will always seek new ways to grow and improve.
- Slow Down to Go Fast - Haste makes waste. Slow and steady wins the race. Get the job done right the first time. Quality over quantity. You get the idea.
- Practice Servant Leadership – We believe that the best leaders are givers, not takers. WE help each other and provide selfless service, because that’s what a family does.
- Be Real – At Nerium International, our mantra is real: getting real, being real, and creating real change. But we also want to attract genuine people who can be themselves and have fun.
- Pursue Constant Development of Self – No matter how successful or accomplished one might be, there are always more improvements to be made.
Based in Addison, TX, Nerium International is a global relationship marketing company with Age-Defying products crafted from cutting-edge research and science. Founded in 2011, Nerium International has shattered industry sales records while developing a strong customer base in North American, Latin American and Asia-Pacific markets. This unprecedented success has allowed Nerium International to generate $1,5 billion in cumulative sales after just five years. Led by an executive leadership team with vast domestic and international experience, Nerium International is committed to providing an excellent product line based in real science and providing its Independent Brand Partners with a life-changing and outstanding business opportunity through relationship marketing. For more informations visit our website.