Once the installation is completed by project team and operated by the user Production teams, it is Plant Engineering who is providing the technical support for the user with respect to re-occurring problems, required modifications, optimizations and Continuous Improvements.
- Be the primary contact (Subject Matter Expert SME) for the users of the assigned installation with regard to technical aspects.
- Provide expertise in systems and production equipment such as HVAC system, Water systems, WFI, Cooling system, Cooling lopp, Chillers, Process Gases and Building Utility Systems.
- Leads &/or Supports the design and qualification of improvements, changes or upgrades to the equipment/plant.
- Ensures proactively that the technical condition of the equipment, systems and installations are appropriate for use, proposing corrective actions to the user in case of weaknesses.
- Organizing and coordinating corrective actions related to improvement and modifications.
- Ensure compatibility and consistency with existing organization and industry standards (cGMP, GEP, SUVA/ASIT etc.)
- Ensure that appropriate safety measures are taken to prevent all risks of injury
- Develops and applies engineering procedures and company standards.
- Ensures implementation of site, divisional and corporate procedures.
- Participates in internal and external audits as a system expert
- Leads Obsolecense programme
- Provides appropriate training to services and users
- Participates in internal and external audits as systems expert
- Respect and apply EHS rules
- Engineering degree in mechanical/electrical engineering, biotechnology or chemistry.
- Strong experience in the Pharma/Biotech/Chimie or Energies industry
- Good knowledge of electrical installations
- Experience in the installation, commissioning and validation of pharmaceutical facilities, utiltities and process equipment as as HVAC system, Water systems, WFI, Cooling system, Cooling lopp, Chillers, Process Gases and Building Utility Systems.
- Knowledge of Good Engineering Practices, cGxPs, FDA guidelines, ISPE guidelines, ATSME2500 standards.
- Good organization and communication skills
- French and English (spoken and written)
- PLC/Automation (Siemens & Allen Bradley) programming experience an asset.
- Computer skills: MS-Office suite and MS-Project
If this sounds like your next challenge could you please send me your updated CV at and I will call you to discuss it in more details.
Alternatively, if you think this position could benefit someone you know, please do not hesitate to fwd it and cc.