Médecins Sans Frontières Suisse has a vacancy for a
Face-to-Face Learning Designer
for the Induction Project
fixed-term contract, 100%
The mission of the Human Resources department, as described in OCG strategic plan 2016-2019, is to invest considerably in the people that make MSF, notably through a strong learning and development project which ensures that staffs, both locally and internationally hired, acquire the necessary understanding and ownership of MSF’s social mission.
More specifically, the objective has been set to “define, approve and start implementing a project of well scoped projects aiming at creating a 4 levels backbone – induction project for all staff, management project for all aspiring or practicing managers, leadership and management project for all senior managers, and a strategic management project for directors.”
The Induction Project is one of those key projects with the objective of designing, developing and implementing an induction model that aims at:
- Providing the level of essential knowledge to MSF staff,
- Reaching all newly recruited staff regardless of their recruitment place, their working location or their contractual status.
The Face-to-Face Learning Designer, working under the supervision of the Learning Manager, contributes to the implementation of the Global Induction project by designing and developing learning content based on an established learning need analysis and leveraging existing practices within MSF in collaboration with all departments. The scope of the learning content refers to the new staff entering the organization, with an innovative curriculum which ensures access to all.
The Face-to-Face Learning Designer works closely with the Digital Learning Designer to ensure a blended learning approach that meets the requirements by focusing on the learner in a diverse, multicultural context.
- Participates in the definition of the best learning tool(s) or solution(s) that fit learning objectives taking into account both technological challenges and heterogenous target groups (scenarios, simulations, flipped classrooms etc.)
- Applies the principles of instructional design to create interactive, memorable and pedagogically sound learning interactions that meet learning objectives
- Works with subject matter experts to scope and shape raw content into learning experiences ensuring that content aligns with validated curriculum and fits field realities and staff induction needs
- Creates copy from raw content, adapting tone and style to match requirements in alignment with defined key messages
- Creates templates and other resources that can help the design and development of learning materials
- Co-leads design and development of lesson plans, learning materials and resources in collaboration with the Digital Learning Designer based on defined standards and aesthetics
- Creates support material and guides for both learners and course facilitators
- Ensures the implementation and maintenance of the learning content
- Trains and mentors course tutors and coordinators
- Contributes to the definition of evaluation tools and mechanisms that support the sustainability and long life of content
- Bachelor's Degree in Educational Psychology, Pedagogy, Educational or Learning Sciences, Instructional Design or eLearning related fields.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning theory, student-centered learning, and design, development and delivery of blended learning solutions
- Min. 3 years experience in designing, developing and delivering trainings
- Experience in working for a diverse, complex and geographically spread organization
- Experience in agile methodologies, design thinking is an asset
- MSF field and/or HQ experience an asset
- Highly skilled in the implementation of innovative adult learning principles
- Experience in designing, developing and delivering trainings, preferably in multicultural contexts
- Experience in learning environment development, and/or keeping up-to-date with innovative approaches to adult learning, such as simulations, serious games
- English as working language
- French and Spanish desirable
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Cross-cultural awareness and empathy
- Results and quality orientation
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues and counterparts from varied professional backgrounds
Terms of Employment
- Fixed-term contract (until December 2020, possible extension), full-time
- Located in Geneva, Switzerland, with travels to the field
- Ideal starting date : immediate
- Gross annual salary : from CHF 90’576.- to 103’932.- (salary commensurate with experience and internal salary grid)
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in English or French. Applications will be reviewed immediately until the position is filled.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.