Deskside Technician – Level 2
Deskside Technician – Level 2
Our company is developing and you can expand your career along with it.
We are currently looking for a Deskside Technicianfor our customer in Muttenz/Switzerland.
Context of the Job
The Deskside Support Engineer will provide client specific IT support to the End Users, handle IT related problems in order of priority and within the optimum time scale, in accordance with procedures and project SLA’s.
The position will require an individual to solve customer support issues by visiting the end-user's location. The technician will be physically located at the customer's facility providing support in an office or manufacturing environment that will consist of standard PC hardware and software troubleshooting. Depending on the location assignment, desk side support could include remote sites that in some cases may require travel.
- IT support of users
- hardware installation, movement and deinstallation
- Diagnosing problems concerning personal hardware (PCs, laptops, printers, scanners etc.)
- system and application changes testing, scripts preparation in MS Windows 7 and MS Office 2010 environment
- small project management related with new hardware or software installation
- software, patches and updates installation using MS SCCM
• 2+ years of experience providing desk side support.
• Proficient troubleshooting skills that includes hardware, software, and other break/fix issues which might include printing, networking, file shares, etc.
• Printer support can include barcode printers, various types of scanners
• Ability to resolve Windows XP and Windows7 Operating System Issues and Errors
• Basic Network troubleshooting skills and knowledge (mainly Cisco)
• Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Applications (2007 and higher)
• Understanding of Symantec Endpoint
• Customer infrastructure support (wiring and connectivity)
• Proficient in Microsoft Active Directory
• Maintain and abide with compliance activities (these activities are driven from a central compliance group)
• Experience with Computer asset tracking and lease management
• Experience with user network shares creation
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
• Strong sense of customer service
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to shift through technical issues and know what to do next and/or when to escalate for help
• Technical degree or equivalent experience
• Ability to multi-task
• Team-oriented / team player / ability to share ideas as well as listen to ideas
• Some experience with support and administration of telephones (PBX and/or VoIP system)
• Ability to walk and bend and perform labor-related duties of connecting computer equipment
• Language requirements: German and English
- Location: Muttenz
- The candidate must be in possession of a driver’ s license and a car, as travels to another customer site will be required
How to apply?
If you are interested by this vacancy in Muttenz, please send your CV and motivation letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Eline Cajot on: +32 2 620 20 26