Agilent Technologies - we stand for high-tech and laboratory expertise around the world. As a worldwide company based in Santa Clara (California/USA), in the heart of Silicon Valley, we offer instruments, software, services and supplies for the entire workflow in the analytical laboratory. Our solutions and products are used among other things for the development of new drugs, for food testing, in cancer research and in doping control. We inspire discoveries that advance the quality of life.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, customer-oriented GC and GC/MS Product Specialist (m/f) for our Swiss/Austrian organization.
This is a great opportunity to join a High Performing Sales Team where you can continue to grow and build on your track record.
The position is open for Switzerland and Austria but there is a geographical preference for Switzerland.
In this role:
- You will be accountable for the GC and GC/MS business results in your area of responsibility and must secure product penetration into the Life Sciences, Academia and Applied Markets
- You will interface with the Sales Team, European marketing group, and other Application specialists within Agilent
Your Main responsibilities include:
- Driving and developing the GC and GC/MS business by supporting all sales channels to ultimately closing orders and keep a motivated and a well-trained sales force
- Managing GC and GC/MS funnel including monthly forecast and W/L analysis for the country
- Support all GC and GC/MS related marketing activities and actively engage/propose marketing initiatives at local level
- PhD, Master and/or University Degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Natural Science or equivalent qualification
- In-depth knowledge on gas chromatography (GC, main GC detectors, samplers) and mass spectrometry techniques (EI/CI, single quadrupole, triple quadrupole, TOF/QTOF etc) including sample preparation and application background
- Good knowledge of the Agilent SW platforms: Chemstation, OpenLab and especially Mass Hunter Quant/Qual with validation experience and notions of statistical analysis and Chemometrics
- Good understanding of the GC and MS technologies and application workflows and needs in target markets (e. g. Food Analysis/Safety, Environmental, Forensics & Toxicology, Metabolomics, Clinical, Pharma, Omics Science)
- Comprehensive understanding of the GC and GCMS Business and will have no problems articulating how to further strengthen Agilent's position in this competitive market
- 3+ years hands-on experience with GC and GCMS, preferably in a customer facing role or during University studies
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English, German and French languages is a strong plus
- Training and development opportunities
- A commitment to work/life balance
- Total Compensation Package
- A company with values around innovation and contribution, uncompromising integrity, trust, respect and teamwork, speed, focus, and accountability
- The diversity of cultural and individual perspectives held by our employees and their commitment to inclusion
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply online via or Agilent career page.
By further question in regards to the recruitment process, please contact Sophia Fell on 0044 20 7850 9291.
We look forward to receiving your application, thank you.