At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description SummaryAs a member of the MSAT (Manufacturing Science & Technology) team for Chemical Manufacturing Pharma you are responsible for scale up, implementation and optimization of chemical processes. As a technical expert you are the process owner for an assigned portfolio of commercial products and drive the proactive life-cycle management through continuous and systematic optimization of production processes.
You also play a key role during new product introductions and are responsible for a smooth and complete process knowledge transfer from the customer to Lonza.
Your work involves experimental planning and execution as well as data analysis, writing of reports, preparation of customer presentations and documentation. The diversified responsibilities of your role comprise also the supervision of lab professionals.
You will work in interdisciplinary teams committed to ensure product profitability and sustainable business success.
Key accountabilities and duties:
- Responsible for continuous optimization of production processes in terms of productivity (yield and througput), quality, safety and ecology: development and optimization of chemical processes in the lab and implementation of the elaborated improvements on commercial scale
- Responsible for process transfer and scale-up of customer processes and technologies from the laboratory through pilot plant to commercial production scale
- Resolves process issues that may arise during manufacturing (troubleshooting and production support)
- Plans and supervises experimental lab work
- Collects, summarizes and analyses data to prepare reports and makes presentations, as appropriate, to disseminate best practice throughout the organisation
- The extended area of responsibility may also includes the development of alternative synthetic routes
- May provides technical expertise and consulting to technical and business decisions and solves scientific problems
- Manages,coaches and develops 1-2 lab technicians
- Anticipation, evaluation and implementation of trends and innovations in the area of expertise
Qualifications and skills required:
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Chemistry or related field
- Excellent knowhow in process chemistry
- Strong sense of operating in a proactive manner, ability to challenge the current state and to motivate for change
- Self-directed and motivated with strong analytical skills systematic and orderly planning abilities and high attention to details
- Conceptual and innovative thinking to develop ground-braking solutions
- Fluency in English and German
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good leadership and management skills
EducationDoctorate: Chemistry (Required)
Work ExperienceOperations (Intermediate), Research&Development (Advanced)
Skillsconceptual and innovative thinking to develop ground-breaking solutions, excellent knowhow in process chemistry, Good leadership and management skills, has a strong sense of operating in a proactive manner, ability to challenge the current state and to motivate for change, Self-directed and motivated with strong analytical skills, systematic and orderly planning abilities, and high attention to details., • Excellent written and oral communication skills.