Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 230 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 126,400 people. Our worldwide headquarters is in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Janssen Vaccines AG (formerly Crucell), one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. We do this by discovering, developing, manufacturing and marketing products that combat major threats to the health of people.
- Perform development and execution of mass spectrometry based methods to support product and process development and characterization including glycosylation analysis, peptide mapping, oxidation, host cell proteins
- Provide support in primary structure characterization of protein based drug substances like amino acid sequencing, sequence variants, Intact mass, IdeS subunits, disulfide bond conformation, amino acid analysis, free thiol content, Post-Translational Modification
- Perform development and execution of mass spectrometry based methods to support identification and quantification of impurities and degradants
- Provide support in identification and quantification of small molecules as part of extractables and leachables investigation, determination of residual solvents and assay of formulation components
- Lead the activities of methods qualification and validation in the mass spectrometry laboratory including preparation and review of protocols, SOP and reports relevant for mass spectrometry laboratory
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the results are communicated rapidly with high quality
- Provide support for troubleshooting of analytical issues
- Provide training to technicians
- Maintain accurate and timely data records and documentation
- Connect with internal and external mass spectrometry groups
Who we are looking for:
- Ph.D./ M.Sc. in Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Biology or equivalent field with significant experience in the LC-MS field
- Knowledge and experience in GC/MS is an asset
- Ideally, pharmaceutical industry experience with antibody/protein characterization using various liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry methods e.g. peptide mapping for sequencing, post-translational modification, N-linked and O-linked glycosylation characterization
- In-depth understanding of analytical method development, qualification, validation
- Good conceptual, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills. To fulfill the position, the candidate must have detail-oriented mind set, must be well organized and able to work independently. Flexibility and ability to cope with changing on project timeline is an asset
- Expertise on data interpretation, applications and instrumentation
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Effective teamwork with decision influencing and problem solving skills
- Highly-motivated and able to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
This role based in Bern, Switzerland will initially be limited to approx. 15 months. If you are interested in working for a global leading health care company in a challenging role, then send us your application in English today. Or give us a call if you have any questions!