At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description SummaryThe Project Director is assigned to specific growth investments (BioMedia project) and is responsible for planning, managing and executing pharma. and biotech growth investment projects. This includes the co-ordination of activities at Visp and potentially other sites and involving multiple parties whilst providing leadership to the project teams. The Project Director has operative leadership of the project.
Your key accountabilities:
- Responsible for delivery of project goals in terms of cost, time, functionality and according to client expectations.
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities within the project organization and developing full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Providing input to the team on best practice for commercial media and buffer preparation under cGMP.
- Securing optimal flow of information within project organization and mediating in case of problems.
- Identifying and recommending the internal and/or external resources to reach the project goals and managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects.
- Identifying and managing project dependencies and mapping the critical path.
- Establishing the project team structure necessary to reach the project goals and ensuring appropriate feedback to all direct reports in order to develop a strong and competent team.
- Ensuring compliance with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Establishing project charter including scope of work, goals and deliverables together with the relevant project champion to support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Creating, executing and updating project work plans as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements.
- Reporting regularly in writing, including project progress reports.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Master Degree / PhD in Engineering (process, pharmaceutical, biochemical engineering or equivalent) or Master Degree / PhD in Bioscience with extensive knowledge in commercial media and buffer preparation
- At least 10-15 years of experience in project management for biochemical, pharmaceutical industries
- Broad expertise in media manufacturing and knowledge of bioprocesses; deep cGMP knowledge
- Excellent command of English, German advantageous
- Understanding of business and financial processes
- Strong leadership skills; interaction with all kinds of interfaces within the organization; strong team orientation
- Structured, focused and well-organized working attitude; open-minded for new ideas and suggestions; agile, highly motivated and dynamic drive; solution-oriented