At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description SummaryFor Ibex™ Solutions (www.ibex.lonza.com), our recently launched unique biological manufacturing and development concept in Visp, Switzerland, we have multiple openings. Become part of this exciting opportunity and join our team by applying for the position as Head of QC - Ibex.
- Ensures the adequate ramp-up of a whole QC-Group capable of delivering QC services according to the demand of the new manufacturing plants of the Ibex project.
- Ensure compliance of the QC processes in his / her group with current quality and regulatory guidelines.
- Provides adequate resources (staff, laboratory and instrumentation) to accomplish the delivery of the results.
- Accountable to maintain the knowledge required for the new mammalian manufacturing related testing technologies as well as the drug substance related testing technologies in his / her group.
- Active member of Lonza QC-Visp Leadership Team
- Actively contributes to the further development of overall QC strategy and to efficiency improvement programs.
- Ensures and facilitates the deployment of the quality strategy as approved by top management.
- Manages managers with supervised staff, including definition of targets, review and management of staff performance as well as definition of standards for people management executed by direct reports.
- Overall accountable management of a group of approx. 100 FTE and accountable for the related financial budget
- Closely follow industry trends and engage in industry associations to develop innovative future manufacturing concepts (e.g. BPOG)
Qualifications and skills required
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience in a regulated pharmaceutical quality control and analytical development. Sound GMP experience
- Proven leadership skills by managing teams.
- Very good communication and negotiation in German & English (verbal and written).
- Profound understanding of QC laboratory processes and knowledge in QC related IT applications, e.g. LIMS, SDMS etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills
- Highly skilled and proficient in the discipline of project management
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Proven planning and controlling skills
- Political savviness and stakeholder management.
- Strong collaborative mindset.