At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description SummaryThe Associate Director of Project Management is assigned to lead specific growth investment projects including the build up and out of infrastructure and utilities within Ibex. He/She is responsible for planning, managing and executing pharma and biotech growth investment projects. This includes the co-ordination of activities and involving multiple parties whilst providing leadership to the project teams. He/She has the operative leadership of the project.
Your key accountabilities:
- Establishing the project execution strategy including appropriate contractual framework.
- Establishing project charter including scope of work, goals and deliverables together with the senior director.
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities within the project organization and developing full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Securing optimal flow of information within project organization and mediating in case of problems
- Identifying and recommending the internal and/or external resources to reach the project goals.
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects.
- Making decisions within the frame of project assignment and given project scope.
- Proactively managing changes in project scope, anticipating potential problems, and proactively devising contingency plans
- Communicating and aligning efficiently with neighboring projects
- Tracking project milestones and deliverables
Qualifications and skills required:
- Master Degree in Engineering (process, pharmaceutical, biochemical engineering or equivalent) or experienced in project management
- At least 5-8 years of experience in project management for biochemical, pharmaceutical industries
- Deep knowledge of current technology in the field of building new manufacturing facilities; experienced in cGMP
- Excellent command of German and English
- Strong leadership skills; interaction with all kinds of interfaces within the organization; strong team orientation
- Solid internal and external collaboration and influencing skills
- Structured, focused and well-organized working attitude; open-minded for new ideas and suggestions; agile, highly motivated and dynamic drive; solution-oriented
EducationMasters: Chemical Engineering